Thursday, November 5, 2009

48 hours and Counting

Well, it's been just over 48 hours since my surgery. I must say I am pleased with how far I've come in my recovery. Evening one I couldn't even lay myself down in the bed, but now I'm up and down as much as I want. It was very difficult to walk at first and now I'm taking 4 short walks a day and am able to walk with a straight back most of the time.

The air the surgeon used to inflate the belly has almost all dissipated. However, what little is left is choosing to be very difficult to deal with because it's lodged in my left shoulder. (That is, of course, the most painful place for it to situate itself)

I really don't understand how people can go back to work after 48 hours of having this procedure. There is no way I could do it. I am just too stiff and sore to do much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment